Fund accountant Assistant manager
Due to continued growth, my client wishes to recruit a high performing Accounting and Valuations Fund Administration Assistant manager.
Assisntant Manager Fund Accoutant
- Role Purpose
The assistant manager will Have a thorough knowledge of fund valuations and have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the attention to detail and the level of accuracy needed in order to review valuations.
- Demonstrate the level of commitment and the time management skills necessary to achieve deadlines and should be interested in improving the valuation process and procedures.
• Operate in accordance with departmental procedures, thereby ensuring compliance with FIM, Global Pricing Policy and group policies on compliance/standards.
• Be client aware and contribute to a successful business implementation process and onboarding of new funds.
• Produce accurate complex fund valuations within set deadlines following documented procedures under the current operating model.
• Completion of liquidated funds in a timely manner.
• Provide on the job training to Graduate Fund Administrators, Senior Administrators and Supervisiors.
• Providing MIS on a regular basis to Management and external parties as required.
• Ensure all costs are captured and that payment is received for all services provided. Ensure all fee billing is done in a timely manner, with no longstanding accruals on funds administered. Maintain & reconcile income & expense accruals for all allocated funds.
• Administration of queries from other departments & external parties including Investment Advisor, Custodian/Prime Broker & Auditors, Financial Reporting.
• Maintain accurate control and oversight over all migrated processes to ensure timely and accurate NAV delivery. Engage with the CoEs/IM&PS through participation in the service calls, prompt & accurate reporting of CQIs/issues through the CQI database/issue logs, prompt feedback to ad –hoc queries.
• Be primary team contact point with CoE/IM&PS dealing with all day to day issues and initiatives in a proactive manner
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the A&V Operating Model and ensure Fund Administrators operate in accordance with same.
• To maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications ( Minimum requirements of the role.)
• Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to personal development through the Career Path Programme
• Strong Accounting and Valuation experience including expertise in a range of fund types.
• Proven track record of excellent client service and KPI delivery.
• A graduate/postgraduate qualification; preferably qualified / part qualified or intending on studying to be an accountant.
• An understanding and awareness of Department initiatives, projects underway and new products in the pipeline.
• Demonstrates an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and an ability to work with others to create/implement client solutions. • Experience in documenting and delivery of quality MI.
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound understanding of risk management, its impact on the NAV process and mitigating tools or techniques.
• Team player and ability to work on own initiative.
• Client awareness to understand and identify further opportunities to improve client service and increase efficiencies or generate cost savings.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate looking for career development.
To apply in confidence please send a CV in word format to email@example.com or call directly on 01 4744512