Fresh/Fruit &Veg Manager Limerick
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in monitoring and controlling all costs and expenses; includes maintaining proper ordering and inventory control, ensuring proper weighing procedures, controlling shrink, and monitoring ad displays.
- Supervises the Produce staff in absence of the Assistant Produce Manager and Produce Manager.
- Stocks and trims produce department; includes presentation of product, maintaining product levels, and organizing vegetables and produce as set by the Produce Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
- Ensures cleanliness of produce aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Examines the rotation of all produce products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
- Builds and maintains product displays as directed and coordinates monthly promotion change-overs.
- Participates in monthly pre-inventory preparation.
- Maintains organization and tracking of all departmental paperwork including inventory control sheets, orders to be filled and accuracy of placed/received orders.
- Ensures all wet racks are stocked, clean, and maintain proper temperatures.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.