Financial Auditor / Risk & Controls
Financial Auditor / Risk & Controls – Permanent roles
Our client is setting up a new Internal audit department in 2018.
You will operate as a member of a highly qualified Audit Hub of approximately 75 auditors. The Hub’s remit is to provide audit services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in Europe, UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Middle-East in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
As a member of the Audit team, you will have responsibility for undertaking audit reviews across Corporate and Institutional Banking, Securities Services, International Financial Services and the Domestic Markets business lines covering:
Overall Job Purpose
To complement the existing skillset within the team by means of contributing product knowledge grounded in practical business experience. The Auditor will play an active role in the CIB, UK & ME Regions Hub, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and weaknesses.
Main tasks are to be performed in line with professional standards of the IIA and Group internal guidelines, and comprise the following:
Participation in audit assignments as a member of an audit team with responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring the timely performance of his or her parts of the assignment whilst having regard for the main risks detailed in the Control Matrix.
- Ensuring that the Head of Assignment is kept updated with the progress of the assignment on a continuous basis.
- Preparation of summaries and conclusions to the phases of the assignment under his or her responsibility for review and approval by the Head of Assignment and lead the presentation of these to the relevant auditees.
- Input of all missions and associated documentation to the required hub and IG standard into the Hub audit drive and the finding/recommendation logging tool; UNIK.
- Assist in the performance of the Risk Assessment process.
- Perform or participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations including Quality Assurance Reviews, Regulatory assignments and follow up of IG missions; non-lead role in detailed investigation of incidents (Special Assignment status).
- Interaction with the management and staff of activities under their responsibility:
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Internal Audit department, in particular the tools and techniques used.
- There may also be opportunities to participate in other reviews within the CIB, UK & ME Region’s scope outside the core business line coverage, ad-hoc investigations including Quality Assurance Reviews at other geographical locations, Regulatory assignments and non-lead roles in detailed investigations/Special Assignments.
- Product knowledge related to 1 or more of the businesses this role supports.
- Past experience from an audit or consultancy department covering e.g. organisation, quality assurance, project management, risk management or operational risk is an advantage.
- Degree level qualification
- A recognized audit/accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the following attributes:
- Strong ability to analyse & synthesize complex information
- Thoroughness of approach, with the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Further details contact : Barbara Donnellan at 01 474 4512