Financial Accountant SPV Clients
The Financial Accountant will be part of on an active professionally qualified accounting team with responsibility for the management, financial and statutory reporting for a portfolio of SPV clients.
- The successful candidate will be part of an active professionally qualified accounting team working under the direction of the Accounting team manager.
- Preparation and posting of accounting journals, including accruals & prepayments for a variety of Irish incorporated SPVs in line with transactional and statutory deadlines.
- Beginning to end responsibility for the preparation of annual financial statements under IFRS or local GAAP including active involvement in both audit preparation and delivery, and ensuring all reporting deadlines are met as scheduled.
- Liaising directly with the auditors, Accounting team manager and the SPV Directors to ensure successful completion of the financial statements.
- Completion of routine monthly and quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of SPVs.
- Liaising with a range of banks, asset servicers & other third parties to gain all relevant accounting & audit related information required so as to ensure complete, timely & accurate processing of transactions.
- Liaising with auditors to achieve resolution of technical issues that arise to ensure a smooth completion of the statutory audited financial statements.
- Liaising with the tax advisors and others in relation to VAT and corporation tax compliance.
- Preparation and filing of quarterly regulatory returns to Central Bank of Ireland on a timely basis.
- Actively contributing to process improvements within the accounting team & to a positive office environment
Required knowledge and experience
- Recently qualified ACA / ACCA accountant.
- Strong accounting skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant auditing/accounting role with a recognised accounting firm or in a financial services company.
- Proficiency in using MS Office suite of applications with advanced Excel skills is an essential requirement.
- Experience at either performing an audit or preparing for and answering audit queries is essential.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products, and previous experience of accounting for special purpose financial vehicles would be helpful.
- The successful candidate will be able to think on their feet, show attention to detail and resourcefulness, and have strong communication and organizational skills.
- The candidate should be capable of working on their own initiative but also work well in a team. An enthusiastic, helpful nature and a flexible attitude will contribute to the success of the candidate.
Contact Barbara Donnellan – 01 474 4512