Location: Dublin City Centre
Excellent accomodation company in Dublin City Centre looking for a Facilities Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will take care of the residence, by keeping it in a great condition inside and out. This will involve cleaning all communal areas and maintaining the general upkeep of the residence; performing minor repairs, maintenance and minor redecoration as and when needed.
- To clean all communal areas and external grounds on a daily basis– to include sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming.
- To clean communal windows, glass panels and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaning materials.
- To manage supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- To be responsible for low level electrical maintenance, including PAT testing. To carry out health and safety checks including weekly fire alarms checks and legionella testing.
- Painting including interior blocks, doors, gates and any other areas as necessary.
- To take pride in the look and feel of the property – ensuring that it is up to standard.
- To take on a concierge and out of hours rota service, assisting residents where you can.
- To assist the Manager with key tasks during the summer turnaround period (which may include deep cleaning of student rooms), ensuring that the building is ready for the new intake.
- Room inspections as required, escalating any issues where necessary.
- To provide an out of hours concierge service to our residents, assisting with arrivals/departures throughout the year.
- Ensuring arrangements are in place for the removal of refuse. To make sure that refuse area is kept clean – this includes the surrounding areas (courtyard and car park).
- To ensure that the bin stores are tidy and that the bins are rotated so that they are accessible to all residents.
- To manage the stock (light bulbs, screwdrivers, fire equipment) and to advise the General Manager when items need to be replenished.
- Maintaining arrangements for security and safety including inspecting fire fighting equipment and detectors. To escalate any issues to the Manager.
- To ensure sufficient handover at the end of each shift, so that the incoming Facilities Assistant is aware of any outstanding issues.
- To keep an up to date log of all events and incidents to ensure sufficient handover to colleagues.
- Sourcing new suppliers and making recommendations to the General Manager.
- Carrying out first line maintenance and assisting specialist contractors when required.
- To liaise, provide access and monitor the work of all contractors, and tradespersons, highlighting any areas of concern to the Manager.
- To sign off job sheets for repairs coming through the Repairs Tracking System.
- To complete repairs in line with the service level agreement
- Assisting with the distribution of mail for all residents.
- To manage and monitor any inappropriate parking on site
- To monitor the CCTV system, reporting any irregularities to the General Manager or external agencies.
- Other duties as directed by the Manager
Our Values and Ideal Person Specifications:
- Friendly and approachable
- Can do attitude to
- A Relevant trade (carpentry, electrician, plumbing etc.), although attitude and aptitude are more important
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels (orally and in writing).
- Good problem solving skills / ability to use own initiative