Data Engineer – Business Intelligence Team
As a part of the Business Intelligence Team, you’ll be using data to inform business and product decisions across the company. When a feature on one of their online products is tweaked you’ll work with finance and the engineering teams to measure the impact of that change.
Using your technical skills and business acumen, you’ll build tools to automate reporting and dashboard updates so clients can see quickly and accurately how projects are performing. You’ll be involved from project inception to report design through to data delivery, ensuring that your reports are delivering high-quality and relevant data so that our business can grow intelligently.
- Build infrastructure and implement maintenance strategy for internal datasets.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to deliver appropriate Business Intelligence (BI), data warehousing, reporting and analytical infrastructure required to support management teams and analysts.
- Prioritize and communicate user needs, make recommendations and drive implementation for product or process changes.
- Work with large data sets, automate data extraction, build monitoring/reporting dashboards and high¬ value, automated BI solutions (data warehousing and visualization).
- Design, develop and establish Key Performance Indicators to monitor the health of database assets and the performance of internal operations, providing analysis and strategic insights to drive growth and performance.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience with Python, C/C++, Java, distributed systems.
- Data extraction experience using SQL. ETL and Linux experience.
- Experience working with systems processing event based logs, user logs, etc.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop or NoSQL technologies.
- Strong understanding of BI technologies and their application including database warehousing and dashboarding experience.
- Extensive use of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy).
- A proven record of managing project plans and collaborating across geographies and functions.
- Passion for geospatial analysis and mapping.