Cyber Security Operations Engineer
You will be joining their Platform Security Operations team within the Enterprise Cyber Security (ECS) business unit. This unit is responsible for delivering appropriate security solutions to ensure enterprise resources are protected in a constantly evolving cyber-threat landscape.
The Platform Security Operations (PSO) team provide operational support for a broad span of cyber security products and services, ranging across end-point protection, network security, encryption and key management, through system compliance, identity and access management You will join a globally distributed team that implement a follow-the-sun strategy across 3 locations to provide 24×7 support services for the enterprise. This role is responsible for Operational support for some of their most critical systems.
- Provide day-to-day operational support of the ECS product suite – some of the businesses most critical systems.
- Work in a distributed team following procedures based on the ITIL Framework.
- Respond to Incidents in a timely manner to contribute to team goal of minimizing MTTR.
- React appropriately to major incidents, including representing PSO on cross-functional conference bridges, identify actions to mitigate impact, and validate success of mitigation actions.
- Investigation and diagnosis of Infrastructure and Application alerts, to contribute to post-mortem investigations to establish details of incidents impact, identify contributing events and external factors.
- Participate in event correlation and filtering to ensure events that require intervention are reacted to.
- Escalation of Tickets to technology partners (internal and external) where required, and participation in follow-up diagnostics with vendor and/or Engineering teams.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvement across the team, including monitoring, documentation and automation opportunities.
- Develop moderately complex automation processes and engage with the Efficiency team to integrate automation into the management of the technology.
- Improve and Maintain documentation for the PSO team.
- Contribute to shift coverage during weekends to cover 24×7 service hours as part of a rotating team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with ITIL or other IT service management framework essential.
- Working knowledge of enterprise servers (Windows and/or UNIX) in a support or admin role.
- Knowledge of networking, GTM/LTM and traffic routing.
- Knowledge of VMWare Administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as this role involves working with multiple teams across the enterprise.
- Ability to work closely with teammates to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a commitment to the highest levels of quality and demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience working with Monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of the project life cycle.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technology discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years IT experience, preferably in an operational or support function.
- Experience working in a globally distributed, multi-cultural environment an advantage.
- Security Certification such as CISSP an advantage, although this is not necessary.
This role provides you the ideal opportunity with your operations experience to move into the cyber-security arena, or for a cyber-security generalist to move into a hands-on operations role.