Country Head of Regulatory Compliance
My Client a Leading player within the international banking sector in Ireland is looking to recruit a Head of Regulatory Compliance for the Irish Marketplace. This role is a key strategic position within the risk management division . The role has a broad remit and responsibilities for providing oversight and management of all aspects of Regulatory Risk in country including driving coordination and execution of the various Regulatory Compliance work streams and assurance, while ensuring alignment with Global policies and procedures.
The role requires strong partnership with the business, RC teams and Regional RC teams, acting with them to drive the implementation of policy. It will monitor and track the regional progress of various work streams and initiatives which fall under the umbrella of Regulatory Compliance Risk, provide policy advice related to all business line products, services and clients, and ensure that the Regulatory Compliance teams are resourced adequately to address the risks associated with all business lines.
The role will also need to stay at the forefront of key RC regulatory changes to ensure proactive communication with the business and to develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes, particularly extra territorial changes. The role holder will be the “go-to person” both for in-country and RC functional management to ensure processes are coordinated and implementation risks and issues are considered and addressed.
The role is a critical forward looking leadership role requiring strong partnership with the business to drive and accelerate the execution of Regulatory Compliance programmes that directly impact business performance. This role is accountable for the implementation of Regulatory Risk Compliance policies in to the business and as such it will require close collaboration with various Risk and Business functions.
As Risk Stewards, Regulatory Compliance (RC) Advisors provide advice, guidance, opinions, direction, and training related to the regulatory landscape to the First Line of Defence/business. They ensure the business complies with the letter and spirit of relevant regulations, thereby delivering fair outcomes for customers and embedding a robust risk management culture in HSBC’s business processes. A key risk management role that has a broad remit and responsibilities, which include, but not limited to, advice and oversight on Conduct, Regulatory Affairs & Policy (RAP), Controls, Monitoring & Testing (CMAT), Assurance, Regulator Engagement, conflict management and general compliance issues.
A key risk management role that has a broad remit and responsibilities, which include and are not limited to :
• Fostering a positive culture of compliance by working proactively with the business line/global function/HOST, Business Risk and Control Management BRCM, and other compliance professionals to ensure that best practices are followed in accordance with the applicable laws, rules, regulations, and internal policy.
• Following prescribed issue escalation protocols, monitoring and surveillance of business activities, and revising procedures.
• May serve as regulatory coordinators for a specific regulation.
• Serves as point of contact for an assigned business line, global function or HOST.
• Provides compliance support, advice and guidance to an assigned business line/global function/HOST, and to the applicable Compliance functions.
• Supports the team head to improve and maintain day to day to running of the compliance team at the Global/Regional/Country Level, in order to ensure the efficient decisioning and execution of tasks.
• Advise and guide assurance teams within Regional and Global Business Compliance teams on all RC matters and to assist and help promote the development and effectiveness of the regional/country/global business assurance team activity.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience (For the Job – not the Job holder. Minimum requirements of the Job)
- Significant experience in Risk and Operations Management together with business management, preferably from a frontline role in Back Office, Middle Office and Commercial Banking.
- Indepth experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of working within a highly complex matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
- Highly organised, focused with an emphasis on results whilst effectively managing and maintaining solid relationships with key stakeholders and compliance teams.
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Ability to lead change in Ireland and contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally.
to apply please send a CV in word format to email@example.com or for a confidential chat and the full job spec call me on 01 4144512