Compliance Officer / KYC
Title: Compliance Officer: KYC Validation
- Undertake a detailed review of KYC files which have been completed by the Customer Due Diligence / KYC team.
- In accordance with Group standards and Irish regulatory requirements, ensure that adequate/appropriate information and documents are obtained, assessed and retained on the KYC record, including client identification information; supporting documents (such as company incorporation documents, financials)
- Identification of ultimate beneficial owners, directors, senior managing officials and authorised signatories;
- Screening of legal persons and adverse client information; Scoring methodology completion; In regard to tax regulations (e.g. FATCA & the Common reporting Standard)
- Relationship manager sign off and other required approvals
- Collate and communicate meaningful feedback regarding the results of KYC checks undertaken
- Provide the business or the Customer Due Diligence / KYC team with Compliance approvals/waivers as authorised, and appropriate.
- Monitor proposed customer relationship and potential transactions, and report any suspicious or unusual activity in accordance with Group policies. (This may relate to money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions and embargo breaches and bribery and corruption).
- Assist with the approval of other potential relationships / due diligence requirements
- Be alert to and contribute to fighting against all forms of economic crime including fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing, regardless of the circumstance or stakeholder involved
- Make sure adequate due diligence and controls are performed to know the customers and how they use the Group’s products and services
- Be vigilant that customer transactions are not related to bribery or corruption. Report any suspicious operation to Senior Management or to local Compliance
Competencies and skills
- Experience in and understanding of KYC and related compliance topics, such as AML/CFT, sanctions & embargoes, and bribery & corruption.
- Ability to work on own initiative under pressure to challenging deadlines
- Strong Communication Skills (Oral & Written)
- Strong Organisation & Delegation Skills
- Strong IT Skills, Proficiency with all MS Office packages
- Diligent & Attention to detail
For more information please contact Patrick on 01 474 4511 or email email@example.com