Client Change Analyst Funds Sector
Client Change Analyst
- Working with stakeholders the Client Change Analyst is responsible for:
- This is a specific purpose contract to work with a funds group to review their operation management of the funds under their administration.
- You will work closely with the Client Manager or the funds group and review processes, agreements, client service, technology and analysis the current set.
- Ideally people coming from the funds sector with some process reviews / client change management / project management is preferred.
Working with stakeholders the Client Change Analyst is responsible for:
- Analyzes the current and future state of business in line with strategic objectives in order to support identification of project demand at both the regional and enterprise level.
- Supports the creation of the business case for targeted initiatives.
- Coordinates and executes change requests ensuring that they are in line with the differentiated service model defined for Coverage and mid-market clients
- Defines and executes the requirement management strategy to elicit and analyze requirements resulting in an agreed Statements of Work (SOW) with accurate estimates of effort.
- Identifies risks and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Reports against the execution of the plan.
- Participates in project quality mechanisms including gate and post implementation reviews.
- Facilitates the creation of solutions with internal and external providers.
- Fund Accounting / Client Management / Custody or Investor Services experience desirable
- Project Management Skills
- Business processes / change management skills are a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills particularly reporting tools / management
- Accounting skills an advantage
Contact Barbara Donnellan, Banking & Finance manager if you require more details, job spec, further enquiries – 01 474 4512