Job Title: Claims Assessor
The job involves the assessment of Life, Serious Illness and Disability claims & medical evidence on behalf of the Company, ensuring that all aspects of the claims assessment process comply with Underwriting & Claims Procedures, Legal & Compliance guidelines and company procedures. To work as part of a team and provide high quality service that consistently achieves Company turnaround and quality standards, in order to satisfy the requirements of the Life Assurance business in the German market.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Evaluate new claims and regular payment Claims within tight deadlines
- Make Claims decisions within own autonomy and make initial recommendations for more senior Assessors to approve or refer to Reassurers for approval and sign off
- Promptly evaluate new enquiries so that all information required, e.g. medical evidence, financial or occupational data etc., can be requested at the earliest possible date and therefore avoid any unnecessary delays
- Communicate Claims decisions to brokers, agents, broker consultants, sales managers and clients in an effective and professional manner
- Ideally 2 years relevant work experience or have worked in an Insurance background.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge; knowledge of our clients products, processes and systems
- Has demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines in the past Attention to detail and quality focus essential
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in the use of Microsoft office essential.
- Fluency in German (written and verbal) and good knowledge of English essential
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), prioritization and organisation skills essential.
- Flexibility and the ability to balance customer and company interest’s essential.
- Proven ability to work to own initiative and take ownership of issues. Has demonstrated decision making skills and the ability to generate solutions in the past.
- Demonstrates commitment to personal development and has participated in relevant training courses as required
If you would like more information about the role contact Patrick on 01 474 4511