Catering Managers lead the successful day-to-day operations of the catering portfolio. Catering Managers train and develop team members, ensure each client receives exceptional service and reach financial revenue/profits and budgetary targets set by Company financial team. Catering Managers act as “owners” of their portfolio and should be responsible for all situations and overall managements of their portfolio.
In addition to following Company policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and directs workforce, i.e. making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining (with HR), discharging and scheduling)
- Maintains a calm demeanour during stressful and busy periods at all times.
- Manages the full catering financial & operational performance by communicating and working with accounting team, conducting inventory, transaction and cash handling security, invoice terms, maintaining a tight budget, working with suppliers as necessary, and more.
- Manages safety and security within the catering side of the business.
- Acts as trainer for all front and back of house operations within the catering side of the business.
- Leads successful team in day-to-day operations
- Manages catering & wholesale orders – ensures client expectations are continuously exceeded
- Drives sales targets and ensures the catering business is on track to meet revenue and profit expectations
- Ensures client satisfaction and product quality always
- Demonstrates organizational skills and possesses an orientation toward detail
- Assists Operations when this individual is absent or on leave
- Communicates company-wide and catering-specific changes effectively in both written and verbal messages. Galvanizes support for upcoming change
- Determines and implements new marketing and sales activities within the catering side of the business.
- Ensures all employees are paid properly, receive appropriate benefits, and are prepared for additional career opportunities
- Ensures HACCP and cleaning procedures are always properly followed by all team members
- Instills value structure and GFP ethos in all catering employees
- Minimum 3 years of catering managing/supervising experience
- Minimum 4 years working in a restaurant or hospitality environment
- Basic knowledge of the slow and local food movements
- Experience analysing financial reports and managing a budget
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage catering operations independently
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources ensuring established service levels are achieved always, expectations for service levels are reflected in mystery shopper reports
- Interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of customer service techniques and ability to express these to staff
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A University degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience
- Problem-solver, Team-builder, Concise & clear communicator, Keen sense of urgency, Leadership & coaching skills, Prioritization skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to our company’s standards and procedures
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information