Analyst – Fund Accounting
Job Title : Analyst – Fund Accounting – 12 month contract initially
Summary of Role :
The Accounting and Valuation team (A&V) is responsible for overall production of the Net Asset valuation for both single manager and fund of hedge fund clients. The A&V team produces daily, weekly and monthly valuations for clients in adherence to client service level agreements. The team independently reconciles, reviews and reports on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process. The team maintains the client relationship and therefore frequent client contact is an important part of the groups remit
- Reconcile and review trades, positions and cash in line with client service level agreement. Review and substantiate all aged breaks for management escalation reporting.
- Monitor corporate actions and process dividends at each valuation point in line with operating procedures.
- Collate, review and independently verify portfolio pricing and ensure all variances are investigated and escalated.
- Prepare final trial balance, accruals and expenses on funds to ensure that information on account is up to date and complete.
- Prepare payment instruction for fees and expenses and act as signatory for the approval of payments when required in accordance with approved authorisation levels.
- Liaise and work with the Investor Services team to ensure accurate recording of shareholder capital activity within Geneva ensuring full client sign off and NAV reporting of investor activity.
- Analyse and review movements in the NAV, whilst understanding affects of P&L, sidepockets and hedging on shares class NAVs and partner balances.
- Preparation of full NAV reporting pack for review by Fund Accounting Manager.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of NAV to client in accordance with client SLA.
- Prepare comprehensive and accurate audit files for Fund yearend reporting and deal with audit queries in a timely manner.
- Prepare Administrators reports for inclusion in Board meeting documentation in respect of appropriate funds.
- Complete all functions in adherence to SAS 70 requirements.
- Recommend opportunities to enhance client focused service delivery where appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience working in the alternative fund services industry.
- A third level qualification preferably in a business or accounting discipline
- Full working knowledge of Single Manager and Fund of Fund NAV process through to review stage.
- Proficiency in use of Advent Geneva, Advent Partner and new Transfer Agency System would be an advantage.
- An awareness of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
- Self-starter and able to work effectively on your own initiative and in a team environment.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.