Alternative Investments Business Development Mgr
Senior Business Development Manager – Alternate Investment Fund Management Team
Summary of the role :
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with prospects and existing (inter)national clients and intermediaries and lead and advise on the development of the Alternate Business Development Plan, in line with the company commercial strategy, in order to realize the commercial objectives of the AIFM and to increase market share.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing a strong pipeline of potential clients in the illiquid alternate space with a focus on profitable new business generation and will be responsible for the relationship management of a portfolio of client companies in conjunction with AIFM team members: he/she will manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients.
- Develop a strong pipeline of potential clients in the illiquid alternate space with a focus on profitable new business generation. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and minimal client outflow.
- Identify and win new business mandates targeting clients across private equity, private debt and real estate markets.
- Build a network and pipeline to position the AIFM’s service offering
- Take ownership of the sales process and lead commercial negotiations in line with internally agreed parameters
- Maintain and grow excellent relations with existing clients: he/she will call and or meet all clients/intermediaries on a regular basis, contact with client’s advisors, lawyers and third parties
- Identifies opportunities for cross-selling and coordinates this within company teams, in line with Business Development guidelines, in order to contribute to the increase in revenue and to more integrated servicing and broader positioning of the company
- Works together with other company offices worldwide on cross-border marketing and client event initiatives
- Help build the AIFM’s brand and increase brand awareness to generate quality leads
- Develop and manage the intermediary and third-party services provider network
- Attendance and participation at industry events
- Participate in the alternate thought leadership process by writing topical articles related to the industry for internal and external audiences.
Experience Required :
- Solid understanding of financial markets and various investment strategies in the alternative space.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a legal or financial services environment
- Commercially driven, to work in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to network and present effectively
- Self-motivated, can work well both independently and in a team
- Ability to work to short deadlines
- Team oriented
- Client centric
- Willingness to travel
- Proven track record generating new revenue in the alternate fund space
- Relevant investment management experience
- University degree in Tax, Law or Business Studies
- Qualified Accountant, Lawyer or Tax Advisor or relevant investment management qualification
- Preferred candidate has private equity, private debt and real estate experience and be capable of building a significant pipeline of new business, working alongside the AIFM team.
- This role suits a collaborative, structured business development professional with ambitions to drive the Alternate Business Development Plan
Excellent Salary and benefits package on offer.
For further details, contact Barbara Donnellan, Banking & Finance Manager at 01 474 4512