Advent Geneva Expert – Project Management
Advent Geneva Expert – Project Management – 6 month contract initially
Summary of the role:
The role is to manage the business as usual (BAU) change projects and initiatives globally for the Alternative/Hedge Fund Admin business. This involved the forward planning for changes and enhancements through to implementation as prioritized for the Geneva system platform.
Geneva is an Advent vendor based solution. This includes client reporting, regulatory system changes plus the interfacing and linkages with strategic company production platforms such as Client Information Delivery, Trade Processing, Corporate Actions and Reconciliations.
The incumbent will supervise the geographically dispersed team resources and undertake planning, enhancement and testing phases of assigned projects and activities relating to client onboarding, meeting existing clients’ new requirements and regulatory
Change promoted system enhancements/configuration. In addition the job holder will manage all Geneva reporting requirements in association with IT developers. The manager will work closely with IT and Product teams to create and deliver realistic schedule of Geneva system changes and improvements.
Project workstreams will be created and managed by the incumbent to deliver BAU and support initiatives in these areas leveraging extended IT and Business (CM&D) project teams in the UK, Asia, Luxembourg and Ireland, as well as Geneva vendor resources (Advent). A typical responsibility will be to manage periodic reporting and client interface requirements.
The role muts be able to operate effectively both as team leader and as an individual contributor. The position requires a solid understanding of hedge fund admin.
Experience Required :
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or other numerate subject or good secondary education coupled with relevant experience.
- Must have End to End expert knowledge on NAV and other A&V products.
- In-depth experience in the Finance and Banking industry environment, ideally supporting hedge funds (i.e., brokerage house, hedge fund administrator, etc.) with solid business analysis experience. Have proven experience of performing the lead analysis role on projects. Expert and Strong accounting knowledge or background in Fund Accounting is a must.
- Past experience as an analyst within a Banking IT department working on back office, middle office or accounting platforms a strong plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be imaginative and innovative with good influencing skills. Will need to be hands-on and observant. Experienced in applying proven methodologies, standards and tools in the preparation of Business Requirement Definitions, User Acceptance Testing, system conversions and implementations.
- Knowledge of test case design and execution. Experience of a hedge fund accounting or a fund accounting system a plus.
- Must have understanding of various types of instruments. Team oriented, self-motivated.
- Expert knowledge of Advent Geneva